WHO | WHAT | HOW
I think anything that catches your eye can be transformed into a piece of jewelry. That’s why I aim to focus more on the potential of materials rather than appearances, and preciousness/financial value is not a point of interest. I rarely sketch anything, I am avoiding thorough measurements, I like to keep it at an instinctual level. I do enjoy experimenting with different media, but I seldom come back to my favourite combination – non precious metals [such as copper and brass] upon which I apply certain surface treatments [in order to alter their natural aspect], and raw, unpolished semiprecious stones. For me, metal has an enormous transformation potential, thing that gets me exploring various techniques.
Oh, and I like cats. Maybe I should’ve started with that.
EXHIBITIONS | FAIRS
- Autor Contemporary Jewelry Fair, May 2017
- Accent Contemporary Jewelry Exhibition, Feb 2015
- Autor Contemporary Jewelry Fair, May 2014
- Autor Contemporary Jewelry Fair, Nov 2014
- Virtual exhibition ” The sound of silence” on beautifulpeopleliveart.com, 2013
EDUCATION [jewelry related]
- 2013 & still counting : individual study
- 2015 : Pigments on metal workshop, Alchimia Jewelry School in Firenze
photo by Robert Puțeanu